Asclera Sclerotherapy Spider Vein Treatment
Millions of Americans suffer from symptoms related to unsightly, painful varicose and spider veins. Asclera is a sclerosing injection for the treatment of spider veins and varicose veins of the legs.
Spider veins are small, often intertwined groups of tiny blood vessels and capillaries found just below the skin’s surface. Although similar in many respects to varicose veins, spider veins are clearly visible red, blue or purple vein patterns on the thighs, lower legs and face, and do not bulge above the skin’s surface like their varicose counterparts. Typically smaller than varicose veins, spider veins were given their name because their appearance often resembles that of a spider web.
While spider veins generally do not require medical treatment and are not associated with significant health problems, they can cause itching and uncomfortable feelings in the legs. Additionally the aesthetics that come with spider veins often make patients self-conscious, causing them to shy away from showing their legs.
Dr. Guttikonda is pleased to offer a non-surgical solution for patients frustrated with undesirable spider veins or small varicose veins—the next generation sclerotherapy (vein injection therapy) treatment ASCLERA® (polidocanol).
Key Information About Asclera:
- Asclera is approved for the treatment of both spider veins and small varicose veins.
- Each Asclera treatment takes only 30 to 60 minutes, allowing for convenient scheduling options.
- Most patients require several treatments (1-2 weeks apart) to achieve optimal results.
- Many patients who have previously tried laser vein removal have switched to Asclera injections, often achieving superior results.
- Most patients experience only mild temporary discomfort during the treatment session. Following your treatment we recommend refraining from: strenuous exercise, plane flights, sun exposure, and hot tubs for several days. We may also advise wearing support hose or compression stockings for a short period of time to maximize your results.